Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Papparazzi Personal Progress!!

My Beehive class president had a fun idea for our activity tonight. Usually the first activity of each month is a personal progress activity, but since we had a Stake Standards night this month we had to move it to this week. My cute little president thought it would be fun to have a "Papparazzi Personal Progress night". I also thought it was a great idea, and I am excited to see how it turns out!

With the theme of paparrazi, I wanted this to be a chance to get to know all the girls, just like the papparazzi know ALL the details about celebraties. So to start off I have a bunch of magazines that the girls will be able to cut up and make a collage of all things that describe them. After that we will go around and each girl will explain her collage and get her picture taken with it :)

After that I want to talk quickly about how the world views celebraties, and how the girls themselves view them. I want to work in Individual Worth, and the knowledge that even if we aren't famous, we are still precious daughters of God. I made up this cute little hand out with a poem:



I am attaching this to a cellophane bag with a star-shaped rice krispie treat inside. We will finish by picking an Individual Worth value experience to get started on.

1 comment:

  1. That handout is amazing Tonii!! Did you write that poem?? I'm so impressed!! If I'm ever in YW's again I will definitely be using these ideas!

    ReplyDelete